The Energy ESG Council was formed as a non-profit organization to integrate all material stakeholder perspectives around ESG attributes deemed material and to establish a pragmatic and actionable “ESG” disclosure framework. Our members represent the Upstream, Midstream and Downstream sectors of the Energy industry and our goal is to drive the narrative about reporting materiality and the greater virtues of the global hydrocarbon-based energy industry, how it compliments renewable energy technologies and how together the Energy industry makes modern life possible.
Our mission is to educate all stakeholders on those material attributes that point to greater sustainability and long-term viability of companies in the energy industry and its respective Upstream, Midstream, Downstream and Renewable subsectors.
Five Foundational Beliefs Of The Energy ESG Council
- Empirical data indicates the well being of the global economy is profoundly reliant on the Energy sector.
- We acknowledge the growth in global demand provides the distinct opportunity to improve a variety of processes, procedures and efficiencies.
- Meeting the global demand for fossil fuels is not mutually exclusive to decreasing carbon exposure and mitigating environmental risk.
- Innovation, efficiency and technological advances are central tenets of the Energy space.
- We must lead the ESG conversation and create a comprehensive disclosure framework that is material, transparent, specific to the Energy sector, and mutually beneficial to all stakeholders.
Who We Are
Five Key Tenets Of The ESG Energy Council Board
- We aim to integrate all stakeholder perspectives in order to establish an actionable disclosure framework that both educates and outlines the dynamics of the Energy space.
- We are a group whose decisions are predicated on objective data that is aggregated from a variety of diverse sources.
- We are committed to the diversity of opinion, experience and perspective in order to make informed decisions and/or recommendations for the Energy sector.
- We are devoted to holistic education, constructive debate, collaboration and discussion in our efforts to drive the positive narrative for the Energy sector.
- We use our passion, knowledge and experience to create and commit to a relevant and transparent ESG framework to build trust with all stakeholders and ultimately enhance the reputation of the industry.
Board of Directors
President of PESA
Partner at King & Spalding, Energy Transition Lead
John R. Durand
President, XRI Sustainable Water Solutions
COO & GC at Carnelian Energy Capital
Partner, BKD CPAs & Advisors
Interim Executive Director, EESGC
Nasdaq Energy ESG Leader
David de Roode
EVP, Partner Lockton and Chairman of the EESGC Board
CEO Tramuto Energy Advisors
Managing Director at Stephens, Inc.
CEO, Savage Brands
Partner, EIV Capital, LLC
Senior Vice President, Orion Energy Partners
President of IADC
Al Petrie, Founder and Senior Partner of Al Petrie Advisors
Founder of Pickering Energy Partners
President of IPAA
Executive Director of DEPA